What is Eco Schools?
Eco Schools encourages pupils to engage in their environment by allowing them the opportunity to actively protect it.
What are we aiming for?
Our aim is to be an eco-friendly school whose pupils are aware of their role and impact on the environment. We would like pupils to get actively involved in looking after and improving the school’s environment.
What does it mean to be environmentally friendly?
Being environmentally friendly means to do things that will positively change the environment. This might be something like litter picking, recycling or saving electricity.
What are we doing in school?
- Eco Warriors in each class to promote environmentally friendly behaviour by all
- Children are encouraged to switch off electrical equipment, like lights and Chromebooks, when not in use
- Staff switch off PCs and interactive whiteboards when not in use
- Eco and Gardening Club
- Litter picking on the playground
- Working with our Travel Plan team to promote active travel to school (walking, scooting, cycling)
What can you do to help the environment at home?
- Go litter picking for fun (make it into a family competition or join a locally organised litter pick)
- Who in your family can recycle the most at home?
- Use less plastic
- Consider your food use
- Use less electricity
- Finds ways to reduce how much water you use