How places are allocated
Admissions who join at the usual starting school point in Reception (September of each year)
The London Borough of Sutton allocate 120 pupils to the school on national offer day in April each year. After this, the school will determine which site each child will attend for their Reception year and will advise parents accordingly by letter. The school aims for notification letters to be sent to parents/carers within 4 weeks of the national offer day in April each year.
The site that your child will attend for Reception will be determined according to our admissions criteria in the following priority order:
1) siblings of any existing pupil who will be in Years 1 to 6 in the September will be allocated to the same site as their sibling for their Reception year (unless the parent relinquishes this priority rating in favour of priority rating 2);
2) for all other pupils, the distance (as the crow flies) is calculated from a pupil's home address to each of our school sites. Any remaining places for the London Road site after any allocations have been made under criteria (1) above will then be allocated on the basis of those living closest to that site until all of the vacant places on that site are filled.* All other pupils will be allocated to the Hackbridge Corner site.
(*If oversubscription occurs in category (2), and home to school distance is equal, rank order will be randomly generated.)
The London Road has a total of 30 available places on site and Hackbridge Corner has a total of 90 available places on site. Requests to choose or change site cannot be exceeded to as the admissions criteria will continue to apply if vacancies occur on either site.
Admissions who join at any other point, in any year group (Reception to Year 6)
Where vacancies arise in a year group, the London Borough of Sutton may allocate a pupil a place in a year group in-year. On such occasions, the school will allocate the pupil to whichever site, and class, the vacancy has arisen in.
If there is more than one vacant place within the receiving year group, then the school will consider:
1) the number of existing pupils in each class in the year group - the school will always seek to maintain the balance of numbers across all classes in the year group;
2) whether the new pupil already has a sibling attending the school (in Reception to Y6) and whether there is a vacancy in the required year group to allocate the new pupil to the same site as their sibling;
3) where there are vacancies on both school sites, the distance (as the crow flies) is calculated from the new pupil's home address to each of our school sites and the closest site allocated.
In 2020/2021, the London Road site will have 30 available places in Reception to Year 2 and the Hackbridge Corner site will have 90 available places in Reception to Year 1, 60 available places in Year 2 and 90 available places in Years 3 to 6.
In 2021/2022, the London Road site will have 30 available places in Reception to Year 3 and the Hackbridge Corner site will have 90 available places in Reception to Year 2, 60 available places in Year 3 and 90 available places in Years 4 to 6.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL PARENTS
All parents are reminded that, as a four-form entry school across split sites, pupils within the school may be educated on either school site each year and not just at the school site which they originally begin at. We teach the children that they are part of a four-form, split site school and they are made familiar with the two school sites through visits, year group and whole school assemblies throughout each year. The Headteacher advises parents in the summer term each year if a class will move site or if a year group cohort is being mixed into new class groupings which will result in pupils changing site for the following year. Such decisions are always made with the best interests of the whole cohort in mind.
Whilst we endeavour to keep siblings on the same site where possible, it cannot be guaranteed following class mixes, or if demand for places exceeds site availability, that siblings will be educated on the same school site. For this reason, the start and finish times of the school day are staggered across the two sites to allow for walking distance between sites for parents who are collecting from both sites.
Parents of pupils attending any of the nursery classes at Hackbridge Primary School are politely reminded that the site that they currently attend for their nursery class has no bearing on the site that they have been allocated for Reception as Reception allocations are made according to our admissions criteria.
All 15 hour free education funded Nursery places are on our Hackbridge Corner site. For 2021/2022, pupils will be offered either a Monday to Friday morning place (8.30am-11.30am) or a Monday to Friday afternoon place (12.30pm-3.30pm)
All 30 hour extended entitlement Nursery places are on our London Road site and are Monday to Friday, 9.15am-3.15pm.